Love pizza, but not the carbs?!🍕
You’ve gotta try making Fat Head pizza dough out of cheese and almond flour! It tastes great, is keto-friendly, low carb, gluten-free, and happens to be super simple method using just a few main ingredients. Plus, I like that the texture is chewy like normal pizza dough, and sturdy enough to pick up a piece to eat!
Fat Head Pizza is a very popular low-carb recipe idea online and also happens to be a favorite among several of my fellow Hip2save sidekicks, so I was excited to try it out!
FAT HEAD LOW-CARB PIZZA CRUST
This Fat Head pizza crust recipe is finally a low carb pizza I love! You’re going to love it, too!
- 3/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 and 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Desired pizza toppings (tomato paste or sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.)
Things to Consider:
- I diced bell peppers and mushrooms and sauteed them first on the stove before topping my pizza, but that’s just personal preference.
- I’ve read that you can substitute 1/4 cup of coconut flour instead of almond flour, but haven’t tried it yet.
- Next time I may try flipping the Fat Head pizza crust over halfway through baking for a more evenly cooked crust.
- You can divide pastry and make smaller personalized pizzas!
- This pastry would make delicious “garlic bread” and a bread substitute for various other recipes!